RE: Genie PC Question

For example, Co-60 has two energies of 1173.22 keV and 1332.49 keV.  Genie
PC will show an activity for the 1173.22 keV peak as 2.86E-1 uCi/g and for
1332.49 keV as 2.855E-1 uCi/g.
If I remember well (I didn't use GeniePC since last year) the code calculates the specific activity for each peak. Of course they are not equal due to variation in background, Compton, etc. But their variation have to be within the error limits. Finally the code make the weighted average between the peaks of a nuclide and displays a single value. The intensity of a line is a good factor when doing monochromatic calculations, but for activity assessments the final results are accurate enough.
Hope this helps,
Cristian Nicolau
cnicolau@interlog.com