Remote Communications

** High Priority **

I recently oversaw the installation and implementation of a system such
as you describe at the Maine Yankee Atomic Power Station. The
hardware is produced by Telex and has been slightly modified by
Comtronics, Inc. in Lexington Kentucky (contact information below).

So far we have found the equipment to be of excellent quality and of
high value to our work. The system provides very clear, full-duplex
communications between all user stations (both wireless and
hard-wired.)

We are currently in outage and the first heavy application of the
equipment has been for steam generator work. We currently have two
base stations that support a total of eight wireless beltpack units. We
also have this system tied to a hard-wired intercom system that is
set-up at our remote control station that is co-located with the eddy
current control station. The work is supervised from this location. So far
it has worked extremely well for us.

The only real problems that we have experienced is that the lightweight
headsets which we use in our application seem somewhat fragile in
heavy use. Mostly though, it just requires a small amount of additional
attention to detail.

You could also contact Bob Gann at the following address.

gann@myapc.com

Bob is currently the lead technician for this steam generator work and
may provide you some additional field operations perspective on the
equipment.

The President of ComtronICS is David Fried and he is very helpful in
providing you with information on the equipment and the applications for
which he has installed the system. He can be contacted as follows.

David Fried (pronounced Freed)
dfried@uky.campus.mci.net
ComtronICS, Inc.
861 Corporate Drive
P.O. Box 22716
Lexington, KY 40522-2716
(606) 223.5480
(606) 224.4343 FAX

I hope you find this information useful.

David J. Richards
Project Manager
Radiological Services, Inc.
(207) 882-5687