A coverup?

I think it is a good idea to avoid use of the term conspiracy unless you have
hard evidence of it.   I think that there are at least 10 conspiracies
alleged for every one that actually exists.   The wild-eyed militia that is
getting so much press these days sees a conspiracy behind every bush.  Even
more or less normal people see a conspiracy among the news media to favor one
party or another.   I happen to believe that the people in the media will
behave and vote more or less like the general population.  Where something
seems amiss enough to suggest conspiracy,  incompetence is usually a more
likely explanation than conspiracy.   With a small percentage of the
population distrusting the government to the extent that they believe in a
threat from "The New World Order",  I don't think that any good purpose is
served by alleging a conspiracy without evidence.   Having a harmless and
responsive government is very rare in human history.   We are lucky to have a
government that is as free from corruption as it is, even though it is not
perfect.   It is unfortunate that a study that cost 10 million dollars was
not published in a more open form, but since it is available in some form, it
can hardly be called a coverup and a conspiracy.    One characteristic of a
good scientist is not to let the conclusions get too far ahead of the
evidence.

                                                                       Robert
Holloway

                                                                       Nevada