Re: ALARA or Not? -Reply

At 04:40 PM 4/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Overall risk assessments are *not* allowed?   Please review the Health
>Physics position papers.  I believe there are specific positions in regards
>to this matter.   Unfortunately I do not have mine handy with me and
>won't be back in the office for a couple of weeks.

I've been out of nuclear power and in the DOE world for a few years now. My
last experience in the NRC-regulated world was that factoring in IH issues
such as the potential for heat stress, falling, and such was prohibited.
However, if that is different now, I am pleased. But aren't such
evaluations awfully difficult to justify/defend, especially if the worker
doesn't want to give up the respirator?

Bob Flood
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
(415) 926-3793     bflood@slac.stanford.edu
Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.