FW: research accelerators

If you are employed at a University with a research accelerator(s), I'd
appreciate any information you would care to share in regard to safety
staffing.  I'd be especially interested in hearing from anyone who helped
with the start up of a new research accelerator.

1.  What type(s) of accelerator(s ) do you have [energy, etc.]

2.  How many radiation safety personnel [FTE] provide oversight?

3.  What is/are the background of the oversight person(s). [education and
years of  accelerator experience]?

4.  What tasks, if any, do you leave to the researchers?  [ex. area monitor
     instrument calibration, inventory of RAM.]  Do you provide protocol
review for all individual experiments or by categories, etc.?

Please reply to me directly.  Again, thanks for your time and input.

Aggie
Agnes.Barlow@Yale.edu
203 737-2142
standard disclaimer