Re: gamma spectrometry

At 08:51 AM 5/2/97 -0500, you wrote:

>We are doing a self-assessment of our gamma spectrometry activities and have
>the following question:
>
>Are there any specified requirements, such as ANSI Standards or Regulatory
>Guides, which apply to the operation of a gamma spectrometry facility at a
>nuclear power plant?
>
>Please respond via RADSAFE or directly to me.  Thanx
>
>The opinions expressed are strictly mine.
>Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.
>
>Bill Lipton
>liptonw@detroitedison.com

Bill, I am not in my office at the moment, but I believe that what
you should look at is
ANSI N42.14-1991, Calibration and Use of Germanium Spectrometers for the
Measurement of Gamma-Ray Emission Rates of Radionuclides, $156.00 from
ANSI.  I am pretty sure that this is the standard that I have used in
our laboratory.  I will verify this on Monday and get back in contact with
you if I find differently.  You should also refer to Regulatory
Guide 4.15, which deals with Laboratory QA (I don't have the exact
title at the moment, sorry).

If you need any further information, I will be in my office on
Monday, and would be happy to assist you.

Best regards.
Judd M. Sills		| E-Mail: sillsj@gat.com
General Atomics		| Alternate E-Mail: csills@sprintmail.com
3550 General Atomics Ct.| Office Phone: 619-455-2049
Room 01-166C            | Office Fax:   619-455-3181
San Diego, CA 92121	| General Atomics Decommisioning Projects