Re: Educational outreach

     Sounds like the (seemingly) outdated "field trip" experience needs a
     re-birth for the schools in areas surrounding any and all nuclear
     facilities. Someone once said something to the affect- "If we call
     them and make the offer - they will come." In our area, trips to
     Argonne, FERMI Lab, GE Fuel Facility, universities, and a few nuc
     plants shouldn't be out of the question. It just takes someone from
     "OUR" side to make the pitch. Good science teachers would jump out of
     their shoes at the chance to tour and learn at our facilities.

     Just my simple, humble opinion-[and any other disclaimers you may wish
     to apply;-)]

     Jim Wren
     DNPS
     DREJZ@ccmail.ceco.com