Re: Educational outreach

These types of events can be prevented though education of teachers, haz mat
teams, students, and others.  If you would like to help prevent this
situation in the future please consider becoming a member of the Health
Physics Society's Speaker's Bureau.  The Form is in the April Newsletter.
Prevention is easier than a cure.

At 04:21 PM 5/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>After stewing for a while over the NJ school incident, I contacted my local
>HPS chapter and volunteered for whatever I can do to help.  If this
>incident bothers you, I'd urge you to do the same, it'd be a shame for this
>to happen again.  If this doesn't bother you, check your pulse.  In the
>parlance of PBS: "Get up and make that call, your support is needed".
>

>Brian Rees
>brees@lanl.gov

Douglas Gossen Ph.D.
Health Physics Dept.