High localised skin doses in interventional radiology

Hi Eyeryone,

The increased use and complexity of interventional radiology is, in
our case at least, causing some concern about possible high localised
skin doses. We are particularly concerned that doses may, in a few
cases, be approaching levels high enough to give rise to deterministic
effects such as erythema. This concern arises primarily out of a lack
of local data and increased reports of skin effects from other
centres. We are tackling our lack of local data with three dose
measurement initatives. The first study is using TLDs, the second is
using film and the third is using an electronic dose meter.

I would very much like to hear about anybody's experiences in this
area especially if skin effects have been observed. Also, if anyone is
involved in a study of doses in interventional radiology then I would
be very interested in comparing notes and exploring the possibilty of
collaboration.