Effects of Respirators on Worker Efficiency

     Greetings,

     In light of the 1995 EPRI study regarding respiratory protection and
     worker efficiency (EPRI TR-105350, Project 3099), have any of the
     10CFR20 folks reevaluated the use of default efficiency loss factors
     in the 20-25% range?  If you have established a new default efficiency
     loss factor, what are you using?

     In general, I am interested in any feedback regarding the use and
     magnitude of general efficiency loss factors.

     If possible, I prefer to avoid discussing the strengths and weaknesses
     of the EPRI study and focus on whether or not this information has
     changed the way that you are doing business.

     Thank you for your time,

     Thomas Bratvold
     Hanford Site
     thomas_e_tom_bratvold@rl.gov