Re: S-35 volatility

Our researchers are prohibited from using bleach as a disinfectant
if they are using radiolabeled compounds.  While H-3 and C-14 compounds
do not appear to be a problem if hit with bleach,  S-35 will definitely
volitalize.  I have prohibited all radionuclide workers from using
bleach so that they don't make a wrong decision.  I also have my
technician wrap charcoal paper around the necks and caps of our
S-35 and I-125 bottles that we are storing for decay.  We have found
that these compounds have a tendancy to migrate around the cap even
if we use tapered plug type caps.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Vince Chase