RE: Info request on medical treatment of contaminated patients

IMHO, you don't need a separate facility attached to a local hospital.
Such incidents are easily dealt with in hospital, using existing
equipment (+ monitoring equipment) and facilities.

In Ontario, medical services for handling radiation trauma casualties
and hospital set-up, process and procedures are well-defined and
documented.  A good contact for in-house procedures and set-up is Sue
Carson, Coordinator of the Radiation Trauma Unit, Toronto Western
Hospital.  She is the facilitator/chairperson of the Hospital Working
Group.  This group is under the joint auspices of Emergency Measures
Ontario (under the Ministry of the Solicitor General) and Emergency
Health Services Branch (Ontario Ministry of Health). Sorry, I don't have
her number handy.

Another contact is REAC/TS at 423-575-3131.

Emelie Lamothe
Occupational Safety and Health
Chalk River Laboratories

lamothee@aecl.ca