Subject: IATA  regs
From:    "Patrick McDermott" <mcdermot@HELEN.RUTGERS.EDU> at Gateway
Date:    6/3/97  9:18 AM

We are recieving some limited quantity radioactive materials from
another institution in the near future.  We are supplying the
styrofoam inserts as well as the outer boxes.  DOT regs do not
requiere any package certifications for "strong tight containers".
The inistitution that is sending us the materials wants to know if
the boxes we are sending them conform to IATA regs.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Patrick J. McDermott
Rutgers Environmental Health and Safety
mcdermot@helen.rutgers.edu