Question about the cause of failure (???)

Any idea why the dosimeters failed in this manner.  Is it something that
"modern" pocket dosimeters might be subject to?

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne Division; Boeing North American

  Some additional information in reference to John Kilbane's post on cdv's...