Re[2]: Computerised Golw Curve Deconvolution

Message authorized by:
    : simpsoj@citec.qld.gov.au_at_internet at x400PO

    Just a thought for Dr. Charles and John Simpson regarding TLD glow curve

    analysis.  My experience with TLD glow curves is somewhat dated (late
'70s),
    put I recall it being fairly straightforward peak deconvolution.  I am
    sitting here with a catalog from SPSS Inc., a large statistical and
graphics
    software company.  They have a program called PeakFit 4.0 ($595), which
    claims to be a fully automated peak identification, fitting, and
    deconvolution program for spectroscopy, chromatography, and
electrophoresis.
    Sounds to me like something that might fit the bill nicely (if you would

    pardon the pun).

    I have not used this product, but have used others from the company and
have
    been generally pleased.  Sure wish there was a product like this when I
was
    doing my work.  For further information, I suggest that you visit their
    website at http://www.spss.com/software/science/Peakfit/

    If anybody has tried something like this, I would be curious as to how
well
    it worked.

    Doug Minnema, CHP
    Defense Programs
    Dept. of Energy
    <Douglas.Minnema@dp.doe.gov>

    What few thoughts I have are truly my own
    (and sometimes even I don't want to take credit for them).