Laser Safety

First Question:  Is there a listserver for laser safety ?

Second Question: I would like to find some literature on the damage
thresholds for laser effects on eyes.  For example, what would an
irradiance of 3kW/cm^2 do to the retina.  I know that it will cause a
lesion, a hole, and if focused to the fovea result in reduction in vision
to the eye, termed legal blindness.  I would like, though, to have some
numbers and more specifics on the damage, as well as comparison with other
irradiances such as 1mW, 10, 100, etc...

Thank you

steve hand
umcp
hand@wam.umd.edu