Subject: Worker Deficiency in Respirators
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu_at_INTERNET at X400PO
Date:    6/10/97 1:55 PM

     Dear Radsafers,

     I am looking for a reference that estimates the decrease in a worker's
     efficiency while wearing respiratory protection.  One source indicates
     that the time needed to finish work is increased by between 20 to 25%.
     I am developing a training module addressing ALARA consideration for
     respirator use.

     Please respond to me directly at:

     brian_l_killand@rl.gov

     Takk!