Re: Worker Deficiency in Respirators

Electic Power Research Institue (EPRI)investigated the effect of full face
respirator on workers efficiency. The result was published on June 1995,
that indicates " Wearing a respirator had no statiscally significant effect
on the times required to complete a task".
=======================
Mr. Rahim Ghanooni
HPCI Consulting
Sr. Health Physicist
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
319-851-7133 Tel
319-851-7626 Fax
rahim@inav.net

At 12:54 PM 6/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>     Dear Radsafers,
>
>     I am looking for a reference that estimates the decrease in a worker's
>     efficiency while wearing respiratory protection.  One source indicates
>     that the time needed to finish work is increased by between 20 to 25%.
>     I am developing a training module addressing ALARA consideration for
>     respirator use.
>
>     Please respond to me directly at:
>
>     brian_l_killand@rl.gov
>
>     Takk!
>
>     Brian Killand
>     Fluor Daniel Hanford
>
>     Standard disclaimers apply

Mr. Rahim Ghanooni
HPCI Counsulting
Sr. Health Physicist
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
319-851-7133 Tel
319-851-7626 Fax
rahim@inav.net
My opinion only