Re: GA Tech Health Physics Program

If you need more info on the remote MSHP degree, call or email me.  Also
contact the Video Programs office (1-200-225-4656).  One way to call me
without charge is to use our department's number 1-800-543-2034 and ask
them to transfer you to me.  Also, what additional information is needed on
our web site.  The video program has a web site also,
http://www.conted.gatech.edu/distance/cdl-home.html
Nolan Hertel

>Ken:
>
>Re: your questions about the GA Tech Program
>
>>This message is intended for all non Georgia Tech alumni=2E
>>
>>What can somebody tell me about the Georgia Tech health physics program=2E
>>
>>Please respond to me directly, and be honest
>
>I am also interested in the GA Tech Program.
>
>I am currently looking for a way to remotely earn a Masters in Health
>Physics and attain CHP status.  I have gained what little info I have from
>their web site.  I have been encouraged by an associate to study for the
>CHP exams without going for a MHP.  This might cost less, but I would feel
>more confident if I earned a Masters before taking the  CHP exam.
>
>I recall that the Illinois Institute of Tech. had planned to start a long
>Dist. MHP program for the fall of this year, but I have not heard any more
>regarding that program.
>
>I  have over 7 years of experience as a Rad. Safety Coordinator, (Asst. RSO
>in Salary with most of the day to day responsibilities of an RSO) at my
>University.  I am sure that there must be more than a few people on this
>list that would be more than happy to enhance their educational,
>professional and financial status by earning a MHP.
>
>Please feel free to inform me of your experiences and knowledge w.r.t. this
>subject, either by direct E-mail or via Radsafe.
>
>Scott Rone
>srone@olemiss.edu

------
Nolan E. Hertel
Health Physics Program
George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0405
(404) 894-3717
facs:  (404) 894-3733