Re: GA Tech Health Physics Program

Ken:

Re: your questions about the GA Tech Program

>This message is intended for all non Georgia Tech alumni=2E
>
>What can somebody tell me about the Georgia Tech health physics program=2E
>
>Please respond to me directly, and be honest

I am also interested in the GA Tech Program.

I am currently looking for a way to remotely earn a Masters in Health
Physics and attain CHP status.  I have gained what little info I have from
their web site.  I have been encouraged by an associate to study for the
CHP exams without going for a MHP.  This might cost less, but I would feel
more confident if I earned a Masters before taking the  CHP exam.

I recall that the Illinois Institute of Tech. had planned to start a long
Dist. MHP program for the fall of this year, but I have not heard any more
regarding that program.

I  have over 7 years of experience as a Rad. Safety Coordinator, (Asst. RSO
in Salary with most of the day to day responsibilities of an RSO) at my
University.  I am sure that there must be more than a few people on this
list that would be more than happy to enhance their educational,
professional and financial status by earning a MHP.

Please feel free to inform me of your experiences and knowledge w.r.t. this
subject, either by direct E-mail or via Radsafe.

Scott Rone
srone@olemiss.edu