Re: Laser Safety Officer Course

Edwin Jackson wrote:

> I need to send someone from my organization to a Laser Safety Officer
> training course.   If anyone knows of a good one, would you let me
> know.  My E-mail address is Edwin_Jackson@byu.edu.

I attended the Laser Institute of America's course entitled "Laser
Safety: Hazards, Inspection and Controls" in 1994. It is an excellent
course, and is tought by some of the top people in the US in the laser
safety field. It a week-long course (30 hours or so).

It will be offered next in San Francisco in September 1997.

Call 1-800-34-LASER for more information.

Rick Mannix
Univ. of Calif., Irvine
rcmannix@uci.edu