Re: PI with I-131 Treatment and Immediate Return to Work

Eric Denison wrote:

> I've been trying to stay out of this, but I have to drop in on it now.
>
> In article  Al Tschaeche <antatnsu@pacbell.net> writes:
>
> >My experience with my wife who had theraputic treatment for a
> >hyperthyroid problem is:  I received no significant dose from her
> >I-131.

Eric again notes the difference between dose and contamination; between
something that is or might be harmful and something that is a nuisance
or could actually affect an experiment unfavorably. If we could continue
to make this distinction, I believe we would be doing ourselves a
favor.  I, too, woluld not like to have someone come into a lab and
spread contamination, even if it were of short half life.  As I said, do
we need an ANSI standard about this matter?  Al Tschaeche
antatnsu@pacbell.net