Re: FW: Russian Criticality Accident

Boyd Rose stated:

> Is there personal protective equipment which protects individuals against
> neutron exposure?  I have never heard of such equipment in my 12 year academic
> and professional career in health physics.

Not unless a water and concrete jacket can be worn to moderate the
neutrons!  Of course I am being facetious... I am not aware of any
protective gear that can be effectively worn to protect an individual
from neutron exposure. Especially in the situation we are addressing.

I'd be interested in any new technology that does, if it exists.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division