Re: Russian Criticality accident

Somewhere back in a dosimetry course I had awhile ago, I was taught that
at high doses you do not apply quality factors.  The quality factor is
used to account for high ionization density in some cells caused by
high LET.  Once the dose gets high enough to start causing radiation
sickness the ionization density caused by multiple hits from low LET
radiation is also high, and there is no difference.  Therefore at
the doses we are talking about the difference between Rad and Rem is
not a factor.  Am I not remembering correctly?

Dale