Criticality Accident Conditions

Can anyone point me in the direction of literature which accurately
describes the types and energies of radiation produced in a Criticality
event, along with dose rate profiles, time durations etc.?  We have been
asked to comment on whether a personal alarming dosimeter could provide
useful warnings for personnel involved in recovery operations after an
initial event, especially where there is a possibility of a second or
repeated criticality condition.

No information has been forthcoming yet about what, if any, warning systems
were in use at the Russian facility.

However, if the figures between 5 and 50 Gy are correct, it sounds unlikely
that any kind of monitor would have been able to get the unfortunate Dr
Zakharov out of his lab in time to avoid a significant dose, due to his
proximity to the offending materials.

Is it policy for the Russian authorities to share their knowledge of the
truth to assist others in avoiding a repeat?

Robert J Fletcher
Siemens Environmental Systems Ltd.
Robert.Fletcher@poole.siemens.co.uk