CLEAN TRASH

At our power plant, we have different bins through out the radiologically
controlled area for various items, e.g.; clean PCs, used PCs, clean
(green) trash, contaminated trash, respirators.  It is difficult to ensure
that the proper items are place in their respective bins.  We survey all
items leaving the RCA, and it is frustrating to find PCs and gloves in what
is supposed to be clean trash.

We've tried a few things, but we're looking for some more ideas.  In an
outage, there are lots of people in these areas.

Any similar experiences and corrective actions that have been effective
or non effective for that matter are appreciated.

Matt Williamson
williamson.m@nypa.gov