Date: 14 Jul 1997 17:12:59 -0400
From: David Chettle <chettle@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA>
To: medphys@lists.wayne.edu
Cc: fiona:  ;, harveyj@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA
Subject: post-doctoral position

Post-doctoral research fellow
Department of Physics & Astronomy
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario

	We are looking for an applied scientist to join our team
working on body composition studies. Established techniques include
in vivo x-ray fluorescence and in vivo neutron activation. So
demonstrated skills in radiation detection and spectroscopy are highly
desirable. We envisage possible expansion into related project areas,
so a track record showing the ability to apply core skills in
radiation sciences is likely to be preferred to a highly specific,
single project experience.
	A sucessful candidate will probably have recently completed
her/his PhD in applied nuclear physics, health physics, medical
physics, nuclear or radiation chemistry, nuclear engineering or a related
discipline. A commitment to interdisciplinary work is important.
	Stipend is likely to be in the range Canadian $25,000-30,000
per year. The appointment is expected to be for two years and may be
renewable for a third year. The position is available now and we shall
fill it as soon as possible.
	To express an interest in this position, or to seek further
details, please contact one of:

	Dr. Fiona E. McNeill			Dr. David R. Chettle
e-mail:	fmcneill@mcmaster.ca			chettle@mcmaster.ca
'phone:	(905) 525 9140 ext 27421		(905) 525 9140 ext 27340
FAX:				(905) 528 4339
address:		Department of Physics & Astronomy
			McMaster University
			1280 Main Street West,
			Hamilton,
			Ontario,
			L8S 4M1,
			Canada.

	McMaster University is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including
aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible
minorities and women.