Re: A different neutron question

I would recommend neutron bubble dosimeters.  I know of one supplier Bubble
Technologies Inc. (BTI).  They are out of Chalk River Canada.  I also hear
there is an electronic neutron dosimeter, but I've never seen one and I'm
not sure they really exist.  The bubble dosimeter seems to work fairly well,
and come in a variety of sensitivities.  They do wear out semi-quickly. (A
year or so).
This is not an endorsement- you have to decide for yourself.

>Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:15:53 -0700
>From: "Edwards, Richard W" <Richard.Edwards@PSS.Boeing.com>
>Subject: A different neutron question
>
>I almost hate to ask this...
>
>I am looking for something to replace some old Landverk L49 and DCA 884
>neutron pocket ion chambers. These were being used by folks working
>around neutron sources and neutron generators. Any ideas?
>
>Rick Edwards, Analyst
>
>The Boeing Company, Radiation Protection Technical Services Group
>richard.w.edwards@boeing.com
>(425) 393-8250

Keith Welch
Newport News VA