Re: DOE Emergency Preparedness Plans

There was no airborne release. Or, more correctly, no measurable release.
We've analyzed all the field team data, our department's environmental
sampling data, DOE's near field data, data from other licensees, and
radiological survey results.

There could have been a minor release into the water that poured out of
the building from the water line break, but that is also questionable. No
need for FRMAC.

USDOE published their draft report that is a self critique fo their
emergecny response to the incident. It is bluntly and brutally self
critical. While that bluntness will result in a lot of critical I told
you so's, they shoud be congratulated for their refreshing honesty. I was
very impressed.

Allen W. Conklin
Head, Air Emissions & Defense Waste
Division of Radiation Protection