Re: Availability of Radium-226

Dr. Rabbe:

I am very interested in your radium-226 sources.  If you have checked your
voice mail, you will have received a message from me already.

A large part of the work of our office is the remediation of radium
contaminated sites.  We can see many uses for these sources, including
making calibration standards.  They would be particularly useful if you had
some documentation on them such as activity and date of activity
measurement.  Do you have any such documentation?

We hold an AECB license which allows us to possess up to 90 GBq Ra-226 and
can supply you with a copy of this license if you wish.  All 13 of these
viles would be less than 0.5 GBq.

If there are no other takers, we would be happy to take all 13 vials off
your hands and pay for the packaging and shipping.

Chris Clement
Low Level Radioactive Waste Management Office
Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
(416) 805-2707
clement@vaxxine.com
clementc@aecl.ca