Re: Wanted - a simple way to detect x-rays

>Does any one have a simple electronic circuit using off the self diodes
>to detect x-rays? I also thought a photodiode and a phosphor might work.

At what intensity??

At diagnostic radiography intensities a simple Si solar cell produced 10's
of millivolts.  A simple rectifier diode (1n4005) produces a few
millivolts.  A high voltage diode (read multi-junction) would produce the
same as the simple rectifier times the number of junctions.

I have also tried photo transistors and photo scrs - but not with much
success compared to the above.

IF for diagnostic x-ray - ie. pulsed.  I'd avoid the phosphor.  With the
solar cell it does get more output - but the persistence also extends the
output signal beyond the x-ray pulse.