Re: More radiation "victims"

	This is the case of Gene Saenger. In the study they did not give
any radiation exposure to the patients (they were receiving radiation
anyhow under other auspices). The only effect they could possibly have
had on the patients was not asking if they were nauseous (as that may have
made them think about it), but if the patient did say he was nauseous he
would be given medicine for it. There was informed consent. I don't
understand why the settlement was proposed.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260