Re: Ask a Health Physicist service

On  8 Aug 97 at 16:58, Ron L. Kathren wrote:

> Ron Amoling is not, of course, the first person to raise this question re
> the name 'health physics'.  Quite a number of years ago, then-HPS president
> Merril Eisenbud led an effort to change the name of the HPS.  At one time
> back in the 60's, I assembled a listing of job titles under which HP's
> worked.  As I recall, I ended up with more than 50 different titles.  Some
> of the more relevant were:  Radiation hygienist, radiological protection
> engineer, radiological engineer, health chemist, radiological physicist,
> and, yes, more generic terms such as industrial hygienist and safety engineer.
>
> Personally, I still prefer the term health physicist, and I generally find
> it advantageous to be asked the question "what is a health physicist?"
snip

Dear radsafers: I think that is very important this issue , because
there are many countries, like Peru, where there are not Health
Physicist, and really is very hard to understand exactly what is and
the importance of your activity into a Hospital, for us and for
patients.
May be with a good definition we can develop the necesity of this
field in ours facilities, and to convince the Universitary
Authorities to create the career or specialization .

I appologize because my bad english.

Greetings from Peru

Silvia Eskenazi MD

Nuclear Cardiology and Medicine

SILVIA@computextos.com.pe

ICQ 943707
The opinions expressed herein are my own. They are not an
attempt to interfere with your doctors opinion and or
treatments