Re: Tritium Contamination

The trick is to gind up the concrete and then let it soak in a sightly
acid(i believe) solution for an extended period.  The tritium diffuses into
the water which can then be counted by liquid scintillation. You can get
more information on this technique by contacting dave McCurdy at Yankee
Environmental Laboratories. mcurdy@yankee.com
Warren Church
churchw@woods.uml.edu