Re: Disclosure of SSN

I have not encountered the same problem, however I have come accross a
problem of visiting researchers who had no SSN.  I also had to deal with
monitoring individuals outside the US via a program established within the
use such as for a corporation managed within the US and had radiation
workers in other countries performing the work there.  How we dealt with the
situation was to assign a new number using a letter to make it unique.  Then
we would explore all of the other aspects (legal) which we had to resolve.
This gave us the time for the exploration by our legal department and
allowed us to issue monitors and continue the program.  The researcher was
unable to voice a complaint from the health physics group.
John Pickering
San Jose State University