RE: Eberline RO-2s

Rick,

Pardon my ignorance, I am not a health physicist, just a medical one.  I am
guessing that an Eberline RO-2 is some sort of a radiation measurement
device?  We've had similar humidity problems with certain cutie pies and
have resorted to storing them in plastic bags up until the time of use, and
returning them immediatley afterwards.  At least this allows the internal
dessicant pack to deal with a smaller potential volume of moisture between
uses.  It seems to have helped stabilize them.

Regards,

Tyler

At 09:13 AM 8/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I would hope people with solutions would respond here. Kelly, please
>send any effective responses you get which don't make it to RADSAFE. I
>have the same problem.
>
>We have RO-2's that are used in a number of high humidity climates
>(Huntsville, Wichita, Seattle) in industrial settings which require them
>to be moved in and out of air-conditioned facilities. This seems to
>exacerbate the problem. I started adding a second desiccant pack which
>wedges rather well between the batteries and the bottom of the
>instrument case. This is somewhat effective in reducing or delaying the
>problems.
>
>In recent weeks, I've had three of these that baking per factory
>instructions has actually caused to be worse. Since the repair orders
>haven't made it through the red tape yet, I don't know what the cause
>is.
>
>Rick Edwards, Analyst
>
>The Boeing Company, Radiation Protection Technical Services Group
>richard.w.edwards@boeing.com         (425) 393-8250
>
>> 	Has anyone had this type of problem?  If so, what did your group
>> do to
>> resolve it.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Don't think this is
>> worth
>> cluttering RADSAFE, so please send your reply directly to me.  Thanks
>> in
>> advance.

Tyler M. Lembcke, M.S.
Radiation Oncology Physicist
St. Luke's Medical Center
Dept. Rad. Onc.
P.O. Box 2901
2900 W. Oklahoma Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53201-2901
USA
Office: (414) 649-6560
Fax:    (414) 649-5309
physics@execpc.com
http://www.execpc.com/physics/index.htm

      THE LAST OF HUMAN FREEDOMS IS
THE CHOICE OF ATTITUDE IN ANY GIVEN SITUATION
    ---------Victor Frankl----------

               BE  FREE