Re: Disclosure of SSN -Reply

You wrote:

>If we drop the use of the nationally-unique SSN
in favor of locally
> generated indexing numbers, then how do I know
which James H.
> Smith is requesting dose information?

For clarification, the last four digits of the SSN
and the julian date of the mother's birthday would
not be a locally generated indexing number.

It would however, not work with those who do not
have a SSN or a mother (orphan?).

How do banks verify your mother's maiden name? Or
do they? As long as I remember the name I used, am
I good to go?

If I forget which "maiden name"  I used, would I
be responsible for not having access to my money,
or would the bank?

Obviously, I, not the bank,  would be responsible
for not having access to my money.

The difference between First Bank and First
Nuclear is that First Nuclear is held accountable
for exposure records. A bank can tell you to take
a hike if you can't determine who you are. They
will just keep your money. We do not have that
luxury.

That is why this debate continues.

When the individual is recognized as the entity
having the ultimate responsibility for accurate
banking records, not the bank, we will make
progress on this issue.

How closely do you scrutinize your bank statement?

But that's a whole new paradigm.

Our's is not a culture of taking on individual
responsibility. Anyone disagree?

The future is outside the
   ___
 /   /|