Re: Re[2]: International use of radiation symbol

In reference to David Neil's message on "bomb shelter" emblems, the
official symbol is three dark yellow three-sided triangles (all
pointed down) which fill  a black circle as a background.  There are
two triangles above, one below, all inside the circle.  Below this
large circle  are the words "fallout shelter"

The Civil Defense logo (of old) is a blue circle with one white
triangle, pointed up,  with the letters 'CD' in white just below the
triangle, but inside the blue circle.

I have not seen a CD emblem accompanying the fallout shelter signs,
however, I am quite sure they are out there.  Also, most emergency
planning has gone away from the days of "all-out nuclear warfare
bombing mankind back to the Stone Age" and are concentrating more on
terrorist-use of a small nuclear weapon.

Be safe!

- Dean  :-)
Dean Ervin, Ohio EMA
Ohio Dept. of Public Safety