Re: Re[2]: The Health Physics Profession

So, if as a group of professionals, we basically agree that a certification
without a degree could be acceptable, why are the requirements changing to
even be able to take the CHP exam.  From what I understand, you can't even
take it unless you have a degree.
What's up with that?

_________________________________
>Subject: Re: The Health Physics Profession
>Author:  LIPTONW@detroitedison.com at Internet
>Date:    9/11/97 10:23 AM
>

>--Boundary-6282964-0-0
>
>While I agree that formal education does not provide assurance that an
>individual is a "professional" health physicist, it is, with a few exceptions,
>a prerequisite.  Would you undergo surgery from someone who does not have a
>medical degree, but claims to have: "that inner instinct, desire and drive and
>the
>ability to identify, evaluate, formulate a plan and most importantly,
>to execute it efficiently and effectively"?  If anyone can do "professional"
>health physics work, then we're not a profession (and I've wasted a lot of
>time!).
>
>The opinions expressed are strictly mine.
>Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.
>
>Bill Lipton
>liptonw@detroitedison.com
>

><snip>

Jeff Eichorst
Occurrence Investigator
Los Alamos National Laboratory
ESH-7, MS K999, Los Alamos, NM 87545
505.665-6980		505.665-6977 fax
505.996-1117 digital pager,	myself@lanl.gov

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
	- JFK