Re: The Health Physics Profession

As Bill pointed out, there are many organizations that require a
degree. I do see one difference, in the type of degree that is
attained. The majority of what Bill listed do have a multitude of
Universities that provide a degree in the field in which they are
attaining a certification. I hate to say it but there are very few
educational facilities left that offer an undergraduate and graduate
degree in health physics.

Bob Flood posed an interesting, yet realistic approach to the
question. Given an individual with a degree in Botany who happens to
have the CHP, and an individual who has no degree, no CHP, but has
been in the trenches for 20 to 30 years .. who would you call with an
immediate need for action ... More often than not, I'd chose the
fellow with the EXPERIENCE ....  as I have done many times already.
If that individual has a degree, that's nice. But in a state of
chaos, I'm not about to look at their credentials, or to see what
piece of paper is hanging on a wall.. My 2 diplomas .. they're in a
moving box in FL still .. where they have been for the past 27
years....

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director