Re: The H. P. Profession

Sandy:  In regard to your Item 2, you might want to walk in the shoes of
members of the Part  I and Part II panel around exam grading time before
suggesting that unquallified or unprepared candidates wouldn't tax the
system.  Speaking from experience on the Part II side only, each (unpaid)
grader is given two (or sometimes three) questions to grade, and it is not
untypical for a couple hundred candidates to submit answers for each
qusetion.  Believe me, many MANY hours go into the process.  It is immensely
frustrating to spend even one hour trying to understand what an unqualfied or
unprepared candidate was trying to communicate on a particular question, only
to eventually conclude that they had absolutely no idea what the answer was,
much less how to approach or present a solution.  Just a little food for
thought on this nice Friday.  Have a good weekend!

C. D. Berger - BergerIEM@aol.com