Question regarding cancer treatment

     Dear RADSAFE Members,

     I would like to apologize to you all first because this is not a
     question related to Radiation Safety. I am posting this here with the
     hope that someone in the medical community can point me in the right
     direction.

     A dear friend of ours, a retired professor of law who has never
     smoked, got lung cancer and had one lung removed surgically last year.
     Now the cancer has spread to his remaining lung.

     His desperate wife has started looking into alternative medicine, some
     of which I've never heard of. She is now looking into "polypeptide"
     injection. I understand this is practiced in Mexico. I searched
     Internet but could not find anything on it. If you know anything about
     it, pro, con (or quack), please let me know.

     Thank you for your indulgence.
     Tosh Ushino
     San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station
     ushinot@songs.sce.com