request for expert to talk to layperson

I got a call from a really nice lady who has some questions she needs
answered for her own peace of mind. Her husband worked on a ship where  10
curie Cs-137 and 20 Curie Co-60 sources were used as mud gauges.  Apparently
they were stored in an area above his work station.  According to her, film
badges were not used by personnel until a few years after he left this job
[when OSHA came in to inspect and had changes made .]  She is hoping to talk
to an expert in radiation induced tumors or get a suggestion of something
she could read to tell her what the likelihood is that
his tumor was radiation induced.  I said I would forward her request to
Radsafe to see if one of the group would consider communicating with her.

If there are comments you would care to forward to her through me, my e mail
address is Agnes.Barlow@Yale.edu

Her email address is OHOPE70052@aol.com

Thanks for your time .
Aggie
203 737-2142

***************
     I was advised to contact you concerning low dosage exposure (scatter
radiation) of Cesium 137.  Low dosage over a long (14 year) period of time.
 I desperately need to know if this could cause tumors, brain especially.
 I'm
sure that there is no absolute way to determine the cause of such a tumor, I
just need to know if there is any scientific knowledge of this occurring.
 My
husband had a lemon-sized tumor in his brain for many years.  No symptoms at
all.  No headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, etc.  He is deceased now, but
this question has me puzzled for quite some time.  I need to know so that I
can move forward with my life.
I have been told that most people with pea-sized tumors have serious
problems.  This tumor was on the left side of his brain.  The external
radiation level of the source in question indicates a radiation field of
3.2mR/hr/mCi. at one foot. Can you tell me in layman's terms what this
means?
While working around this source he was not shielded or protected. I know
that you're really busy, but I would greatly appreciate a reply if you have
time, or other source information that you could suggest that I search.
 Thank you once again for you time.

Sincerely,

K Hope