Re: Nukes in Space

Actually, you should see reasonably good science reporting in Time -
Michael Lemonick (an acquaintance of mine, to shamelessly drop names)
is and has been the science editor for Time for quite awhile.  His
father was Dean of the Faculty (and a professor in the Physics
Department) at Princeton University so Michael's got good science
genes.

Sue Dupre
Health Physicist/Princeton University

> Re: Nukes in Space by MICHAEL D. LEMONICK
>
> Dear Time Webmaster:
>
> I just wanted to thank and congratulate your writer, Mr. Lemonick on his piece
> concerning the Cassini mission which appeared on your TIME Magazine Website.
>
> It is so rare to find such a balanced and fair article in the popular press
> concerning a radiation issue that could very easily be sensationalized to
> grossly misrepresent the facts.  I found this article particularly refreshing
> because while it stated the concerns of the anti-nuclear groups protesting the
> Cassini launch, it also correctly and fairly characterized the true scientific
> facts surrounding the need, risks and use of the Plutonium-238 RTG on the
> Cassini spacecraft.
>
> I would like to commend Mr. Lemonick on his fairness and accuracy in reporting
> and plan to watch for his bylines in the future.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Bohan
> President, Connecticut Chapter of the Health Physics Society
> Radiation Safety Officer
> Yale-New Haven Hospital
> Radiological Physics
> 20 York St. - WWW 204
> New Haven, CT   06504
> mike.bohan@yale.edu
> TEL (203)785-2950
> FAX (203)737-4252

Sue M. Dupre, Health Physicist

Office of Environmental Health and Safety
Chemical Sciences Building/Forrestal Campus
Princeton University
Princeton, NJ  08544-0710

E-mail: dupre@princeton.edu
Phone:  (609) 258-6252