Re: Nukes in Space

It sounds like Mr. Lemonick did a good job.  I am not optimistic that a trend
was started by Mr. Lemonick.  My experiences with good journalists are first,
there are too few of them, but second and most importantly, it is the editors
who make the publishing decisions.  Over and above antinuke journalists, a
great deal of the antinuke press historically stems from the ideologies in the
editor's office.  Pay attention next time the American Association of Newspaper
Editors is on C-SPAN, or what editors say themselves.

Micharl Crichton, the great author, once was asked about his views of
Hollywood.  He has obviously made millions from his movies.  His comments were
classic and apply to much of journalism, too.  He said (close paraphrase)
"Stupid, man, stupid.  Were talking really stupid".  Let's hope that more
journalists like Lemonick, can overcome the editors.
Mike F.
                The American Council on Science and Health
        1995 Broadway, 2nd Floor   New York, NY 10023-5860
                  Tel: 212/362-7044    Fax: 212/362-4919
                                   http://www.acsh.org