Re: background radiation and cancer

It sonds like this, Alice person has it out for background radiation.  Does
she/he have a plan to publicly humiliate it, and hopefully, outlaw it?

At 01:05 PM 9/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Re: Natural Radiation causing 10% of all cancers.
>
>The statement is likely from Alice Stewart (she's made the statement publicly),
>but I'd half to check my Stewart files (now in a moving van within 3000 miles
>of here).  Sorry, can't be more specific, but thats where I'd begin.
>
>For those who don't collect her musings, Stewart's opinions do not comport well
>with the published findings of Bernie Cohen, Matanoski (huge study of nuclear
>shipyard workers), UNSCEAR 94, Jawaworski, Kondo, Hattori, Pollycove, etc., let
>alone those of Luckey.  And no it is NOT widely understood that 10% of all
>cancer is caused by natural radiation.
>M. Fox
>                The American Council on Science and Health
>        1995 Broadway, 2nd Floor   New York, NY 10023-5860
>                  Tel: 212/362-7044    Fax: 212/362-4919
>                                   http://www.acsh.org

Jeff Eichorst
Occurrence Investigator
Los Alamos National Laboratory
ESH-7, MS K999, Los Alamos, NM 87545
505.665-6980		505.665-6977 fax
505.996-1117 digital pager,	myself@lanl.gov

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
	- JFK