Re: background radiation and cancer

10% of all lung cancers have been attributed by some to background
radon, the major contributor to locally variable background radiation.
In fact no one knows, nor really can an accurate estimate be made, in my
opinion.  On the other hand I cannot prove that background radiation
doesn't contribute to some portion of cancer incidence.   John Goldsmith