Re: X-ray Acne Treatment

Ivor:
     I can answer your last question with some more comfort than the
others.  Yes, children are more susceptible, presumably as their cell
replication rates are high.  They should have "greater protection".
There is strong evidence for susceptibility to be greatest during the
first trimester of pregnancy.  The only organ specific attribute is that
thyroid and breast are organs with rapid growth at these ages and
are so located that they get relatively large doses of irradiation when
head an neck irradiation occurs.  Bone marrow impact is reflected by
increased leukemia, etc.      John Goldsmith, M.D., M.P.H.