Disposal of Recalled Hambergers

A number of radsafers asked me to share
the information about what
happens to the Hudson hambergers after their recall and collection. This
was a part of food irradiation issue. I do not have satisfactory
information but I am posting what I have learned.

I contacted, FDA, USDA to request information. I did not receive any
information. I asked the nutrition department in our unversity but they
replied after few days that they do not know. I sent an e-mail to the
Hudson Meat Co. I received a reply indicaing that they received my e-mail
question and my message was given to someone who could answer. I received
a call from Becky Triplett of the Hudson Food, Arkansas (501-631-1100) on
9/16/97. She told me that they do not know what to do with the recalled
hambergers and they are being stored in feezer. I wish I had more info.
But this is all I have. M. Jo

Myung Chul Jo <mjo@scs.unr.edu>
University of Nevada, Reno
Health Physics