Re: DEGREE REQUIREMENT

I had promised myself to keep out of this string, but I find that I can't let
this one pass. I think that it's highly inappropriate for technologist-level
people who want to join the National Registry to have to compete with
potential CHP's. This is particularly true, if the exam is scored on a
curved, rather than absolute, scale. It's comparable to letting a doctoral
candidate, who's writing her/his dissertation, take the final exams for a
bachelor's degree. The whole point of the Registry (I think!) is to give
official recognition to the abilities, training, and achievements of a group
of people who, while capable of a high level of performance, are not expected
to have education and knowledge comparable to that of a CHP.

chris alston

P.S. Sorry, Melissa.